Friday, October 1, 2010

10-1-10

Mood: feeling like crying :'(

Today was horrible. I don't even know how else to describe it. I've had so much stuff on my mind lately and everything seems to be piling up. School was school and I was really tired. Work was not what I wanted to do tonight. Things went fairly smooth for the first couple hours. Finally at 8:30, I was still waiting on my last table. This couple wasn't rude to me (while I was serving them) and I did everything I was supposed to. Minor things (that weren't in my control) went wrong and I apologized to them but these idiots decided to leave me a note when they left. "WORLD'S WORST WAITRESS AWARD!" I read, written on a napkin, as I picked up they're dirty dishes. I folded it up and put it in my pocket. I got back to the kitchen area and started crying. One girl asked what happened and I handed her the note. Within a couple minutes it got passed around through the entire staff that was on duty and one guy was so mad he went outside looking for them. I cried for over half an hour and started to hyperventilate. I got support from all my co-workers though and after awhile I was able to go and finish my work. I felt like total crap though and still do. These people were atleast in their forties. Some people just need to grow up and stop acting like babies. If they had a problem, they should go to a manager. Not criticize me for things that were out of my power. Anyways, I hate my job so far, hate the people, and love my co-workers. They're the only thing that's gonna keep me around. I love the people that support me and stand up for me. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment